We participate in the healing ministry of Christ by promoting the health and well-being of Catholic clergy and women and men religious in the United States and abroad. To accomplish this task, we provide mental health treatment, offer education and wellness programs, and conduct research. In these services, we strive to integrate the highest quality spiritual, psychological and physical resources within the context of a Christian community. The Institute conducts its ministry in harmony with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
As a multi-service Institute, our Vision calls us to reach out in compassionate care to serve those who serve others in communities of faith. This vision calls us to:
- Treat men and women with a broad range of difficulties in living
- Widen our outreach to women religious
- Expand our educational offerings and wellness programs
- Respond to emerging needs of those in ministry
- Research and disseminate knowledge about the care of people in ministry
- Reach out to the wider community for support
- Explore providing services to other local Churches and cultures
- Invite conversation around critical issues impacting those in ministry
- Offer consultation services to bishops and major superiors
Our core values inspire our mission and vision as the Love of Christ urges us to compassion, respect and quality service.