At Saint Luke Institute
Silver Spring, Maryland
Saint Luke Institute, an independent, international, non-profit, licensed mental health
treatment center dedicated to healthy life and ministry for priests, deacons and consecrated religious, seeks a creative, energetic Development Manager with excellent communication and technology skills.
This is a part-time position responsible for the fundraising efforts of the Institute and growing our donor base. The position reports to the President & CEO, attends board meetings and serves on the board Development Committee.
Our values of flexibility, strong work ethic and collaboration, as well as our recognition of the importance of work/life balance make Saint Luke Institute a great place to work.
- Identity and implement strategies for effective acquisition and retention of donors and provide excellent relationship management.
- Plan and oversee Annual Benefit, including effective budget management, oversight of vendor relationships, digital and print communications, and sponsor acquisition and retention.
- Develop and manage fundraising budget, track and report results to leadership and the Board of Directors.
- Cultivate major donors and prospects to grow, strengthen and nurture the donor base.
- Manage the SLI database that includes church leadership and donors.
- Research and identity new grant opportunities. Write grant proposals.
- Manage the grant application, renewal, and reporting process.
- A Master of Arts or Master of Science from an accredited college or university preferred.
- At least five years nonprofit fundraising and/or marketing experience.
- Experience in donor stewardship, grant writing and management, and events
- The position requires flexibility, tact, confidence and strong instincts for protocol and etiquette.
- Must have superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a small staff.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and project management skills.
- Proficiency in CRM database management (DonorPerfect preferred); MS Office 365; Adobe Creative Suite or other design software.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Flexible workdays and hours