At Saint Luke Institute
Licensed Clinical Therapist/Psychologist – Contractor Position
Silver Spring, Maryland
Saint Luke Institute, a private licensed mental health care facility for Catholic priests and religious located in Silver Spring, MD, seeks a contractor licensed therapist. Applicants must have a current state license and be eligible to be licensed in Maryland. Licensure in Washington, DC, a plus.
The position involves –
- Conducting individual and group therapies with priests and religious in a day treatment program.
- Conducting outpatient individual and group therapies with priests, religious and lay clients.
- Participating in psychological assessments as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Continuing Education units offered at no cost (APA and NASW approved).
- Approved site for non-profit, school loan forgiveness.
- Must have Master’s degree in Clinical Social Work or Clinical Counseling. Ph.D./Psy.D. in Clinical/Counseling Psychology is preferred.
- Applicants must have a current state license and be eligible to be licensed in Maryland. Licensure in Washington, DC a plus.
- At least three (3) years of experience in mental health or counseling environment.
- Experience conducting psychological assessments and personality testing.
- Experience with psychodynamic training and theory and knowledge of personality disorders and addiction a plus.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to function as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Must have the ability to utilize computer systems and software necessary to perform position functions.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish speaking) a plus.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and good judgment.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Seeking those who wish to work both in person and virtually with clients.