Healing is a process and is more successful with support. Saint Luke Institute offers several follow-up programs to help men and women who have completed residential care reinforce their therapy gains.
Continuing Care Program (most comprehensive in North America)
- Five-year follow-up, including periodic renewal weeks at Saint Luke Institute
- Consultation for leadership
- A behavioral health clinician who specializes in continuing care
- Contract with goals and action steps developed by the individual and his/her therapists at the conclusion of residential treatment, and reviewed by his/her community contact person
- Re-entry workshop with a local support team to review the contract and treatment process, and help develop skills to support and challenge the individual
- Weekly telephone contact with a continuing care liaison for at least 4-6 weeks
Halfway House is a post-residential transitional program at the Silver Spring campus for individuals who need additional time to integrate treatment gains in a less structured environment before returning to community. The program also can help those who have relapsed or must transition out of ministry. The length of stay varies based on the individual, but typically is a couple of months to about six months.
Individuals who participate in outpatient therapy following residential treatment may consider one of our outpatient programs: Caritas Counseling (Silver Spring and Baltimore, Maryland), Saint Luke Center (Kentucky), St. Luke Consultation Center (Missouri) and St. Luke’s Centre (Manchester, UK).