Clergy & Religious Health Monitor
Prevention and early intervention are fundamental for the health of our priests and religious.
An anonymous survey generating a composite view of your group’s overall health
The SLI Clergy and Religious Health Monitor is a free service providing an overview of the mental and spiritual health of the clergy and men and women religious within a diocese or religious institute. It is an opportunity for Church leaders to understand organizational strengths and challenges and can serve as a starting point for meaningful dialogue on healthy life and ministry.
This survey explores the self-reported feelings, habits, and behaviors of clergy and religious. It is a big-picture assessment instrument; it is not, however, a diagnostic tool to assess mental illness.
Viewing health through a holistic lens and over a period of time allows patterns to emerge. The SLI Clergy and Religious Health Monitor provides an overview of respondents’ wellness trends and measures specific changes in physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being over the preceding six months.
This is an anonymous organizational survey and does not yield individual results. Saint Luke Institute experts will analyze the results, develop a report inclusive of top findings and recommendations, and then review the report with leadership.
How it Works
The Diocese or Religious Order
- Establishes a timeframe (usually two weeks) for the survey in collaboration with SLI
- Sets a goal for number or percentage of surveys to be completed
- Sends the unique SLI Survey Monkey link and email to all participants (text provided by SLI)
- Sends a reminder email and link to all participants about five days before survey closure (text provided by SLI)
- Follows up with individuals who have not taken the survey just before survey closure
Saint Luke Institute
- Collects the survey responses and closes the survey at the end of the designated timeframe
- Analyzes the data
- Sends a report on the data with recommendations for addressing clergy and religious health metrics
- Meets by online or by phone with leadership to review the survey results and recommendations
How to Participate
The SLI Clergy and Religious Health Monitor will be available starting in mid-January 2021. Please contact Kathleen Carver, Director of Institutional Advancement, (301-422-5405 | firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details or to schedule participation in the survey.