Our 42-acre campus north of Washington, D.C., is the home of our men’s and women’s residential treatment programs. Other services include:
- Candidate assessments for men and women discerning a call to priesthood, religious life, and the permanent diaconate.
- Clinical evaluation to determine next steps for intervention and care
- Continuing care for ongoing support throughout the critical five-year period following residential treatment
- Transitional residential care to integrate treatment gains in a less structured environment
- Outpatient therapy to address both short-term needs and more complex issues
- Education, both online and in-person, to support healthy, effective ministry
Plan Your Visit
Saint Luke Institute is in Silver Spring, Maryland, and is easily accessible from Interstate 495 (Capital Beltway).
Participants live in men’s and women’s separate residential areas with private bedrooms and client lounges.
We value your privacy. Our therapists follow the strictest confidentiality principles set forth by Maryland law. We will discuss confidentiality with you on your first visit.
When a diocese or religious congregation entrusts a priest or religious to our care, we are able to provide regular updates about progress with the individual’s informed consent.
The cost for residential treatment includes daily room and board and fees for professional and pastoral services. Evaluation, re-entry workshops, and continuing care are billed separately. Ancillary services, such as medical care, laboratory tests, and psychiatric and pharmacological services, also are billed separately, often by the service provider. Saint Luke Institute works with leadership to coordinate reimbursement from coverage through health insurance providers. No clergy or religious is denied admission or service based on an inability to pay. Charity discounts for dioceses and religious institutes are available. Inquiries about charity discounts and finances should be directed to the Chief Operating Officer of Saint Luke Institute.