About Saint Luke Institute
Saint Luke Institute is an internationally recognized leader in bringing the healing ministry of Christ to Catholic men and women in ministry through psychological, spiritual and physical care and education. Our mission is inspired by our core values of compassion, respect, and quality service.
Our main center is located in Silver Spring, Maryland (near Washington, DC). We have affiliated programs in Baltimore, Louisville, St. Louis, and Manchester, England.
How to Apply
Please send the materials requested in the job listing to email@example.com, unless otherwise noted. Unfortunately, we are not able to accept phone calls or faxes. EOE.
Silver Spring, Maryland
Saint Luke Institute, a private licensed mental health care facility for Catholic priests and religious located in Silver Spring, MD, seeks a part-time Clinical Dietitian to work with residential clients. The Dietitian plans, develops, implements and maintains programs of nutritional care.
- Ensures the resident’s nutritional needs are met and documented.
- Evaluates nutritional status of all residential clients after reading the medical record and communicating with the health care team members.
- Counsels clients in accordance with prescribed diet and follows clients’ progress and diet compliance. Provides individual and group nutritional therapy sessions.
- Attends weekly as well as monthly meetings with clinical and medical team members to review medical, pharmacologic and nutritional treatment for all clients.
- Continuing Education units offered weekly at no cost.
- Must have Master’s degree in dietetics or nutrition from an accredited program.
- Must have Licensure as a dietitian/nutritionist in the state of Maryland.
- Must be a Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Minimum three years’ experience in Clinical Dietetics in a hospital or other health care facility.
- Experience working in a behavioral health center preferred.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to function as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Must have the ability to utilize computer systems and software necessary to perform position functions.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and good judgment.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.